Installation Guide for WinQuota
Back to Index
WinQuota is closely integrated with Windows, and doesn't provide any "wizards" to manage quota settings; all controls are available through Windows Explorer property sheet.
Please, follow the installation instruction stated below and configure your directory quotas fast.
- Just download WinQuota and you'll find a self-installation executable file.
- Please, launch it as usual, and follow the wizard step by step. We suggest keeping all default values (for evaluation you don't need to change anything; if you bought WinQuota, just type the serial number and all the necessary information). The typical options are shown in the following pictures:
As the WinQuota software is installed at your computer, WinQuota limitations can be configured:
- As installation completes, launch your Windows Explorer, and choose a folder you need to be limited by size.
- Invoke standard context menu (right mouse click), and select the Properties menu item, as shown in the following picture:
- Choose Quota inlay:
- Press + button, and specify the subject to be limited (keep Everyone if you need to limit directory for all users):
- Specify the limits you need (in megabytes, gigabytes or kilobytes - as you prefer; just type the value 100M to limit directory capacity to 100 megabytes):
- Press Ok button to close properties window.
- Now you have directory limited to 100M (or any other value you typed above).
Please, refer to User Guide (it is shipped with WinQuota, and is available online)
for screenshots and detailed explanations.
Back to Index